Services provided include psychotherapy as well as medication management. To determine the best treatment modalitie(s), a thorough and comprehensive psychiatric evaluation is completed. This is followed by a detailed discussion of treatment options.
- Education on the problem or problems being treated.
- Education on non-medication supports or treatments; this includes a thorough review of all treatment options.
- Therapy and medication management.
- Support that includes telephone availability for crises and routine questions.
- Ongoing support and education on other aspects of the treatment including coping strategies, community resources, questions regarding the medications, etc.
- Lab work and any other medical follow up as indicated.
- Contact with the individual’s primary care physician, therapist, or other pertinent providers.
- Follow up that depends on how the individual is doing, generally every 4 to 12 weeks.
- I have been trained in several different kinds of psychotherapy including cognitive behavioral therapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy, interpersonal therapy, play therapy for children, and supportive therapy.
- My therapy recommendations are based on each individual’s (and/or familiy’s) problems and goals.
- Psychotherapy can be brief (several weeks) or long-term. Usually people are seen weekly for psychotherapy but this also depends on the person’s unique needs and goals.
- I work with schools when appropriate to help in assessment and treatment for child clients.
- I work with psychologists and other therapists when they are involved; I handle the mediations.
- I work with primary care (PCP) and other physicians as indicated. Often, once a person is stable, his or her care can be transferred to the PCP. I am available for questions or if further treatment is needed.
- I work with any other parties that may be involved in a person’s treatment.
- For my child clients, parents are always involved in the treatment in education, support, and separate meetings when needed.